The University of Brescia offers students and graduates a service for conducting training and orientation internships in companies or public bodies.
The internship management is carried out trough the Almalaurea Portal:
- Student’s and graduate’s registration and access (see link below)
- Company’s registration and access(see link below)
Publish internship offers
Companies interested in offering internships can publish on Almalaurea portal advertisements and receive applications directly from those interested.
Find an internship
Students and graduates can:
– view the internship offers on the portal and apply;
– view the list of the accredited companies;
– search through personal contacts;
– ask the professor if they have companies/organizations to suggest.
Once the candidate has been identified, it is essential to activate the internship.
An internship must always be activated on the basis of a an Agreement between the company and the University and a Training Project between the company, the intern and the University. The drafting of these documents is done online via the Almalaurea portal.
If the company has never signed an Agreement with the University or the previous Agreement has expired must enter a request for a new Agreement in the “Agreement” section. After the approval of the Placement Office, the company receives instructions for activation.
Once the Agreement has been activated, the company may enter the Training Project in the “Training Projects” section. Once entered, the University tutor and the Placement Office approve the training programme sent and receives instructions for activation.
Obligatory safety training
The University of Brescia guarantees to provide the intern with general training (4 hours) on health and safety in the workplace.
The intern will receive subsequently the start date of the internship an email containing credentials to access the platform to carry out the e-learning training and a final test.
In the event that the general training has already been passed, we invite the intern to upload the certificate directly onto the Almalaurea portal in the section “Internship documental management“ within the start of the internship, otherwise it will be necessary to attend again the training.
- An internship is not an employment relationship and is therefore exempt from INPS (National Social Welfare Institution) contributions.
- The University provides insurance cover for interns, both for occupational accidents, with INAIL (the National Institution for Insurance against Accidents at Work) and for Third-Party Civil Liability.
- The maximum duration of internships is set at:
– 12 months for curricular internships, which must be completed before graduation.Please note that the interns should however verify the specification of the deegre programme.
– 12 months for extracurricular internships, including extensions that must be started within 12 months of the date of graduation.