The University of Brescia is part of the EMIMEO project (Erasmus Master on Innovative Microwave Electronics and Optics), implemented by the Department of Information Engineering.
EMIMEO offers a programme centered on microwave engineering and photonic technologies which ensures that students acquire advanced and cross-disciplinary expertise.
Project partners are:
- University of Limoges (UNILIM, France)
- Aston University (UK)
- University of the Basque Country (UPV/EHU, Spain)
The University of Cluj-Napoca (Romania) which will also contribute to the learning programme as associated partner.
The Master study programme is divided into four semesters of 30 ECTS each; the first three semesters are based on lectures, lab exercises and laboratory sessions, while the last one is based on independent work related to the Master thesis:
- During the first-year, students will spend the first semester at UNILIM and the second semester at UNIBS, where they will be enrolled in the Master's Degree in Communication Technologies and Multimedia.
- Students in the second year will move to one of the four partner institutions intensifying their study around one of the four paths and the associated and dedicated lab equipment for the third semester (S3): Active Management of Power Waves (AMPW) at UNILIM, Remote Sensing (RS) at UNIBS, Communication Systems and Networking (CSN) at ASTON, Instrumentation and Control Systems (ICS) at UPV/EHU.
- The mobility at this point can widen the student’s choice with respect to the offer of each single university. Finally, the Master thesis (fourth semester) can be carried out in any of the partner institutions or associate partners, under the guidance of a professor from one of the partner universities.