University of Brescia welcomes researchers from all over the world and offers them a unique opportunity to work with highly qualified research groups in a wide interdisciplinary network of scientific areas within the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Postdoctoral Fellowships calls.
Who can apply?
If you are an experienced researcher from anywhere in the world, you are in possession of a doctoral degree and you have up to 8 years research experience after PhD, then you might apply for a Marie Skłodowska Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship at University of Brescia.
The topic of your research
You can freely choose the research topic of your research, in collaboration with the scientific supervisor of the host organization.
The fellowships covers 100% of the costs for the entire period. The average salary of a Marie Curie fellow in Italy is about 4,000 euros per month.
Two types of Grants
- European Postdoctoral Fellowships: spend 12-24 months at European institution (based in a Member State or Associated with the Horizon Europe program) in a country where you have not been for more than 12 months in the last 3 years.
- Global Postdoctoral Fellowships: spend 12-24 months at a non-European institution of excellence (in a country where you have not been for more than 12 months in the last 3 years) plus a return period of 12 months in Europe, to transfer and consolidate the skills acquired.
Possibility of tenure-track positions for researchers who have been awarded a three-year Postdoctoral Global Fellowship if you choose UNIBS as host institution for your return period.
Top reasons to choose University of Brescia
- One of the best University under 50 in Italy and in the world according to The Times Higher Education World University Ranking 2023
- World class research groups: University of Brescia is among the best Universities in Italy and in the world for the high number of citations received by its published works and for playing a leading role in disseminating new knowledge according to The Times Higher Education World University Ranking 2023 and for its research intensity based on the number of papers output relative to the university’s size, according to 2020 QS World University Rankings
- The first public University in Italy in terms of employability of its graduates
- Highly skilled supporting staff (VISA, mobility issues, healt insurance, accommodation, managing of your research project)
- High quality of life
- Close to many important cities (Milan, Verona, Venice) and to Garda Lake, the biggest lake in Italy
To apply with University of Brescia
Check here the research groups at our University you might like to work and apply for your MSC Postdoctoral Fellowship call with, and send your CV, an abstract of your project and the indication of the researcher you would like to be your supervisor, by 15th July 2023 to [email protected]