The PhD Program in Civil and Environmental Engineering, International cooperation and Mathematics has been established by the Department of Civil, Environmental, Architectural Engineering and Mathematics.
Coordinator: Prof. Paolo Secchi
• Urban planning and Mobility: prof. Maurizio Tira
• Mathematical Methods and Models for Engineering: prof. Paolo Secchi
• Appropriate methodologies and techniques in international development cooperation: prof. Sabrina Sorlini
• Natural Risks Assessment and Management: prof. Roberto Ranzi
• Structural Rehabilitation of Historical and Modern Buildings: prof. Giovanni Plizzari
• Urban planning and Mobility: Prof. Michèle Pezzagno
• Mathematical Methods and Models for Engineering: Prof. Riccarda Rossi
• Appropriate methodologies and techniques in international development cooperation: Prof. Sabrina Sorlini
• Natural Risks Assessment and Management: Prof. Giovanna Grossi
• Structural Rehabilitation of Historical and Modern Buildings: Prof. Fausto Minelli
The doctoral course follows from a consolidated scientific activity in the DICATAM Department. The course aims to promote the internationalization of the University and students through the participation of foreign students and the carrying out of activities in collaboration with national and international research centres.
The training objectives are distinguished by the different curricula, listed below.
- APPROPRIATE METHODOLOGIES AND TECHNIQUES FOR INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT COOPERATION: training candidates capable of planning and implementing interventions of international cooperation with countries with limited resources through the enhancement of research and the development of innovative solutions, for the contexts examined, for the solution of problems environmental and medical.
- MATHEMATICAL METHODS AND MODELS FOR ENGINEERING: Modern engineering requires increasingly refined mathematical-scientific knowledge. The educational offer of this curriculum conbines interdisciplinary engineering skills and advanced theoretical and numerical mathematical tools for mathematical modeling.
- NATURAL RISKS ASSESSMENT AND MANAGEMENT (Hydraulics, hydraulic structures and hydrology): Training of figures who can operate in the field of research, design and execution of works and interventions, both structural and non-structural, aimed at active and passive defense from natural risks, and management of natural resources in conditions of scarcity.
- STRUCTURAL REHABILITATION OF HISTORICAL AND MODERN BUILDINGS (Structural rehabilitation): enhance specializations in various research areas on Rehabilitation, Structural Engineering, Materials, History of Architecture, History of Architectural Techniques and Restoration for the training of professional figures specialized in the recovery of buildings historical and contemporary.
- URBAN PLANNING AND MOBILITY: The doctorate is intended as a training course for research aimed at developing a high capacity for interpretation and intervention in the transformative practices of the city and the territory through a guided participation in research activities.
The PhD Programme is a III level study programme open to holders of II level degrees (Master of Science degree or similar academic qualification awarded abroad and considered equivalent in terms of duration, level and field of study).
Upon conclusion of the educational and research prospectus, after passing the final exam, the title of Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) is awarded.
The Call for Admission of the A.Y. 2021/2022 is now open!
Deadline: 4th August, 2021 at 2:00pm (italian time)
Occupational and professionals goals
L'alta qualificazione acquisita nel corso di dottorato rende i Dottori di Ricerca idonei a collaborazioni di livello nazionale ed internazionale, con enti pubblici e privati quali ad esempio università, enti di ricerca, amministrazioni centrali e periferiche dello Stato, enti internazionali di ricerca ed enti di assistenza e cooperazione (FAO, UNESCO, WB,…), studi professionali e aziende che operano nei settori dei curricula del Dottorato.
In particolare il Dottore di Ricerca in Ingegneria Civile e Ambientale, della Cooperazione internazionale e di Matematica, sarà in grado di coordinare, condurre e gestire progetti e ricerche affiancando alla propria competenza, altamente specialistica, sia la capacità di valorizzare approcci interdisciplinari, sia la concretezza derivante dalle esperienze maturate in ambiti di ricerca applicata sul campo.
Curricula e research themes
Look into each Curricula composing the academic offer for the PhD program Civil and Environmental Engineering, International cooperation and Mathematics
Dipartimento di Ingegneria Civile, Architettura, Territorio, Ambiente e di Matematica
Via Branze, 43
U.O.C. Servizi Didattici Dipartimento di Ingegneria Civile, Architettura, Territorio, Ambiente e di Matematica
Via S. Faustino 74/b