Temporary interruption and resumption of studies


You may temporarily interrupt your studies if you do not renew enrolment in the next academic year, and you do not pay the first instalment of the fees. It is not necessary to notify us of your intention to temporarily interrupt your studies; you need only refrain from making payment for the fees.
You cannot interrupt your studies during the year; interruption may only take place at the start of the academic year
The interruption is temporary because it cannot last less than one academic year, but cannot last more than eight years.

Beyond these deadlines, the study course expires.

During the interruption period, you cannot take any exams or use any educational services.


To resume your studies after you have interrupted them, you must fill out the form "Application for resuming studies after interruption (MSAS-7.08.18)" which can be downloaded from the page "Student Admin Forms". 
You must fill the form out and send it no later than the deadline for enrolling in the new academic year between 1 August and 15 October. It should be sent to  
[email protected] or the relevant address of the Career Management office your degree course refers to. 
After this deadline, any late requests to resume studies may only be accepted if appropriate grounds are given.

If you resume your studies, you must ensure you are up-to-date with any fees left outstanding up to the last academic year of enrolment. You must also pay an 80 Euro appraisal tax for each academic year of interruption, and the first instalment of the fees for the new academic year of enrolment.
Once the Career Management Office has run its checks, you must pay the sums owed, using the payments available on your personal online page. By paying the fees, your enrolment comes into effect: you will be able to sit exams from the first effective exam session of the new academic year. 

Students that intend to change from the old to the new system must first present the request to the Career Management office of the Student Admin department for the degree course in question.

Last updated on: 24/10/2023