Admission requirements: qualifications
- Admission to a Corso di laurea (Bachelor's degree) or to a Corso di laurea magistrale a ciclo unico (Integrated Master's degree) requires possession of an upper secondary school diploma achieved in Italy, or a final secondary school qualification obtained abroad and recognised as suitable for accessing the chosen university programme.
The foreign qualification
- must have been achieved after at least 12 years of schooling. Moreover candidates must have attended at least the final two years in the foreign educational system that awarded the school diploma (without prejudice to bilateral agreements currently in force)
- must be comparable at the 4° level EQF
- must have been issued by schools officially recognized in the local education system
- must allow access university studies at the level comparable to the First cycle QF-EHEA / 6° EQF level, within the education system that issued the qualification.
- Candidates must have passed the academic eligibility test if required in the country of origin (Selectividad in Spain, Prova de Aferiçao or Prova Geral de Acesso ao Ensino Superior in Portugal, etc..)
Specific requirments are provided for holders of High school diploma belonging to U.S.A. educational system and for holders of GCE/IGCE issued by United Kingdom educational system.
In the event that the total number of years of schooling is below 12, before enrolling in Italy, the student must hold:
- if the educational system followed requires 11 years: certificate to confirm passing of the exams of the first year of university; or an official qualification in a similar subject to the university programme chosen, achieved after a year at an Italian or foreign post-secondary institute; or a certification issued by an Italian university to confirm passing of preparatory programmes (foundation course)
- if the educational system followed requires 10 years: certificate to confirm passing of the exams of the first year and second of university; or an official qualification in a similar subject to the university programme chosen, achieved after two years at an Italian or foreign post-secondary institute; or a certification issued by an Italian university to confirm passing of preparatory programmes (foundation course)
The suitability of the additional study periods is assessed by the university for the purposes of admission to the chosen university programme. In Italy additional study periods only enable enrolment to the first year, it is not possible to request recognition of the exams taken to shorten the programme.
Admission to the university is only permitted if the documentation certifying possession of the requirements is valid, as required by current regulations and the specific provisions of the Ministry of University and Research.
All Corsi di laurea (Bachelor's degrees) and Corsi di laurea magistrale a ciclo unico (Integrated Master's degrees) require an admission test, indicative for some and selective for others.
Participation in the test is mandatory.
Documents to be submitted upon enrollment
Upon enrollment, candidates must submit the following documents to the International students admission unit:
- The original diploma (or replacement certificate) of upper secondary school and final transcript of records in a foreign language must be accompanied by the official translation in Italian or English: those concerned can contact local translators and must request certification of the translation's compliance from the relevant official Italian Representation abroad.
- The original diploma (or the replacement certificate) and the final transcript of records must also be legalised by local authorities or carry the Apostille stamp and must be accompanied by the Declaration of value issued by the relevant official Italian Representation abroad.
- One of the following documents (alternatively):
- residence permit issued by the relevant Italian Police Headquarters
- receipt given by the Italian Post Office referring to the request for the residence permit renewal.
Any other documents in a foreign language (certificate with the university exams passed - transcript of records - and certification of passing the academic eligibility test) must be translated into Italian or English.
Instead of Legalization and Declaration of value our university accepts respectively the Statement of verification and the Statement of comparability issued by CIMEA.