Located in the heart of the old town, the palace was the ancient Casa dei Mercanti, the palace of arts and crafts of the city.
The institution remained active until 1801 when it was replaced by the Chamber of Commerce and Industry, which inherited its functions.
In the 1980s, it became the seat of the Department of Economics of the University of Brescia.
The palace preserves the original Renaissance architecture only in the western part of the façade, where the original entrance gate is located, and in the ground floor hall, which is a rare example of a Brescian-style hall, with its wooden attic decorated with painted panels.
The eastern part, on the other hand, is the result of a twentieth-century renovation.