The Marie Skłodowska-Curie Fellowships: mobility and training of researchers
The Marie Skłodowska-Curie Fellowships, in the frame of the Horizon Europe programme, enhance the creative and innovative potential of researchers holding a PhD and who wish to acquire new skills through advanced training, international, interdisciplinary and inter-sectoral mobility.
The University of Brescia welcomes researchers from all over the world and offers them a unique opportunity to work with highly qualified research groups in a wide interdisciplinary network of scientific areas within the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Postdoctoral Fellowships calls.
Who can apply?
Postdoctoral Fellowships are aimed at researchers with a doctoral degree interested in international or intersectoral mobility experiences, to enhance creative and innovative potential by providing them with the opportunity to acquire new knowledge, work on research projects in an European or international context, start a new career or return to Europe.
Two types of fellowships
- European Postdoctoral Fellowships: spend 12-24 months at European institution (based in a Member State or Associated with the Horizon Europe program) in a country where you have not been for more than 12 months in the last 3 years.
- Global Postdoctoral Fellowships: spend 12-24 months at a non-European institution of excellence (in a country where you have not been for more than 12 months in the last 3 years) plus a return period of 12 months in Europe, to transfer and consolidate the skills acquired.
The fellowships covers 100% of the costs for the entire period.
The average salary of a Marie Curie fellow in Italy is about 4,000 euros per month.
Top reasons to choose University of Brescia as host institution
- One of the best University under 50 in Italy and in the world according to The Times Higher Education World University Ranking 2022
- World class research groups: University of Brescia is among the best Universities in Italy for the high number of citations received by its published works and for playing a leading role in disseminating new knowledge according to The Times Higher Education World University Ranking 2022 and for its research intensity based on the number of papers output relative to the university’s size, according to 2020 QS World University Rankings
- The first public University in Italy in terms of employability of its graduates
- Highly skilled supporting staff (VISA, mobility issues, health insurance, accommodation, managing of your research project)
- High quality of life
- Close to many important cities (Milan, Verona, Venice) and to Garda Lake, the biggest lake in Italy
Choose a research group
Check the research groups at our University you might like to work and apply for your MSC Postdoctoral Fellowship call with!
If interested, please write and send your CV, an abstract of your project and the indication of the researcher you would like to be your supervisor, by 15th July 2022 to [email protected]