Pursuant to Italian Ministry of University and Research provisions, candidates coming from non-EU countries and wishing to enroll in bachelor's/master's/integrated master's degrees taught in Italian should prove knowledge of the Italian language.
A certificate of level B2 or higher issued as part of the CLIQ quality system is required.
In the event that this certificate has not been obtained, the candidate must successfully undertake an italian language test, which is held every year at our University : who fail the test will not be allowed to enroll.
If the degree programme choosen by non-EU candidates are entirely taught in English, they are exempted from taking the Italian language test.
Detailed information on exemptions from the Italian language test may be found in Ministerial provisions. Among exemptions the following are included:
- Secondary school diploma (four or five years) obtained in an Italian school abroad
- Diploma of Italian language and culture issued by the University for Foreigners of Perugia or Siena
- Secondary school diploma issued by a public "scuola di frontiera" offering courses taught in italian
- Secondary school diploma obtained in the San Marino Republic
Suitable Italian language certifications
Study programmes with selective admission Test
Candidates who aim at enrolling in study programmes (corsi di laurea / laurea magistrale / laurea magistrale a ciclo unico) that require passing a selective admission Test, must prove their Italian language proficiency before taking part in the selective admission Test.
Only those candidates who submit their suitable Italian language certification B2 level or successfully undertake the Italian language examination are allowed to take part in the selective admission Test later on.
Italian language examination 2021/2022 a.y.
Our university joined for the 2021/2022 a.y. the Italian language examination offered online by CISIA: TEST-ITALIANO-L2 held as @CASA. Applicants may take part in the online examination via Internet from home or from any other place they choose.
We propose three editions:
- on 9 July 2021 (deadline for online registration 30 June 2021)
- on 26 August 2021 (deadline for online registration 16 August 2021)
- on 7 October 2021 (deadline for online registration 29 September 2021)
The examination time will be conveyed later on.
Candidates must register online via PICA procedure using the link indicated below. Just one date could be selected.
Only successful applicants will be allowed to enroll in the study programme they have chosen. Furthermore, the Italian language examination outcomes will be considered by Italian Representations abroad during the procedure for study visa issuance.
Candidates who aim at enrolling in study programmes (corsi di laurea / laurea magistrale / laurea magistrale a ciclo unico) that require passing a selective admission Test, must sit and pass the Italian language examination before taking part in the selective admission Test.
The examination takes 90 minutes and is divided into 3 parts: Listening, Reading and Grammar
- Listening part: 2 extracts with 14 questions (30 minutes)
- Reading part: 2 extracts with 14 questions (30 minutes)
- Grammar part: 4 texts where the missing parts should be filled in (30 minutes)
The minimum score required to pass the Italian language examination is 12 points overall. Candidates who get a score lower than 12 can register for the next Italian language examination, unless it is scheduled after the selective admission Test required for the study programme they are interested in.
On CISIA portal the following topics are available:
- General provisions
- Practice placement area
- Indications to prepare, start and carry out the examination
- Technical provisions concerning network requirements, electronic devices and room set up
During the online examination CISIA Help desk will support applicants facing technical problems.
All candidates registered for the examination will receive detailed instructions by CISIA via email .
For information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org