Pursuant to Italian Ministry of University and Research provisions, candidates coming from non-EU countries and wishing to enroll in bachelor's/master's/integrated master's degrees taught in Italian should prove knowledge of the Italian language.
A certificate of level B2 or higher issued as part of the CLIQ quality system is required.
In the event that this certificate has not been obtained, the candidate must successfully undertake an italian language test, which is held every year at our University : who fail the test will not be allowed to enroll.
If the degree programme choosen by non-EU candidates are entirely taught in English, they are exempted from taking the Italian language test.
Detailed information on exemptions from the Italian language test may be found in Ministerial provisions. Among exemptions the following are included:
- Secondary school diploma (four or five years) obtained in an Italian school abroad
- Diploma of Italian language and culture issued by the University for Foreigners of Perugia or Siena
- Secondary school diploma issued by a public "scuola di frontiera" offering courses taught in italian
- Secondary school diploma obtained in the San Marino Republic
Suitable Italian language certifications
Study programmes with selective admission Test
Candidates who aim at enrolling in study programmes (corsi di laurea / laurea magistrale / laurea magistrale a ciclo unico) that require passing a selective admission Test, must prove their Italian language proficiency according to the provisions indicated in the call for admission.
Italian language examination 2023/2024 a.y.
Our university joined for the 2023/2024 a.y. the Italian language examination offered online by CISIA: TEST-ITALIANO-L2 held as @CASA. Applicants may take part in the online examination only by using their portable personal computer, and via Internet from home or from any other place they choose.
Only successful applicants will be allowed to enroll in the study programme they have chosen. Furthermore, the Italian language examination outcomes will be considered by Italian Representations abroad during the procedure for study visa issuance.
The examination takes 120 minutes and is divided into 3 parts of increasing difficulty with overrall 72 questions:
- Part 1: listening, reading and grammar test with 24 questions (40 minutes)
- Part 2: listening, reading and grammar test with 24 questions (40 minutes)
- Part 3: listening, reading and grammar test with 24 questions (40 minutes)
The minimum score required to pass the Italian language examination is 36 points overall. Candidates who get a score lower than 36 can sit again the test only once.
On CISIA portal the following topics are available:
- General provisions
- Practice placement area
- Indications to prepare, start and carry out the examination
- Technical provisions concerning network requirements, electronic devices and room set up
During the online examination CISIA Help desk will support applicants facing technical problems.
All candidates registered for the examination will receive detailed instructions by CISIA via email .
For information, please contact [email protected]
Registration for the Test
Candidates must register online via PICA procedure, using the link indicated below.
From 30 October till 15 November 2023 candidates can register for the online Test offered on 21 November 2023 via the link to PICA online procedure available below.
Pursuant to the provisions approved by the Academic Board, we give priority for admission to the Test to those candidates that already applied for study visa in Universitaly portal and selected one of the study programmes offered at our university in 2023/24 a.y.
Candidates that get an overrall score lower than 36/72 are allowed to sit the Test again only once. We do not accept further registrations by candidates whose Test was nullified because they didn't comply with the attendance rules.
We are going to propose many editions of the Test as follows:
- 14 March 2023 - early in the afternoon REGISTRATION CLOSED
- 16 May 2023 - early in the afternoon REGISTRATION CLOSED
- 13 June 2023 - early in the afternoon REGISTRATION CLOSED
- 4 July 2023 - early in the afternoon REGISTRATION CLOSED
- 27 July 2023 - early in the afternoon REGISTRATION CLOSED
- 24 August 2023 - early in the afternoon REGISTRATION CLOSED
- 5 September 2023 - early in the afternoon REGISTRATION CLOSED
- 21 November 2023 - early in the afternoon (deadline for online registration 7 November 2023
Candidates with disabilities and SLD
Candidates with disabilities and SLD can indicate their special needs in the PICA online registration procedure for the TEST-ITALIANO-L2. In order to receive further information, they can contact via email the office appointed for inclusion: [email protected]