Validating prior studies after transferring


After carefully reading the rules for recognising exams sustained in prior degree courses, you must book an appointment with the Career Management Office for Economics and Law. 


Validation of any exams which were sat in the previous academic career is deliberated by the Aggregate Study Course Council (CCSA) concerned. The student does not need to present any specific written request.
To find out more about the year of admission, exams, recognised CFU credits and definition of the study plan, the student must refer to the Committee of lecturers established for the purpose by the CCSA of the Department responsible for the degree course in question.

For single-cycle degree courses in construction engineering-architecture, recognition of any exams already sat and CFU credits acquired in the previous study course, the student should follow the guidelines set out in the transfer Call. Definition of the year of enrolment, validating exams and CFUs and assignment of a study plan are the responsibility of Committee of lecturers established by the Department to assess academic requirements of candidates.


If you have already sat exams at your University of origin and you wish to have them validated, after enrolling with our University you should present the following:

  • to the Student Administration : the form  "Application for abbreviation/career recognition of medical studies", available in the Forms for the medical area, filled out and signed (obligatory for all degree courses);
  • to the Teaching Office of the course concerned, the student must send programmes of any exams already completed, along with any further documentation (for more details, consult the page of your Degree Course > Enrolling).

In any case, the year of admission for those coming from the same degree course at another university is indicated in the waiver released by the aforementioned University. It is instead the first year of the course for all those coming from another degree course, and who have passed the admission test for this University.

Any exams from the previous university career are validated by the Board of the Course of destination. This can only be done once the student’s documents have been received from the University of origin (release sheet) and you have submitted your application along with any further documentation needed.

For any further information, ask for an appointment with the Career Management Office of the medical department. 

Useful pages


U.O.C.C. Segreterie Studenti
Gestione delle carriere
Via S. Faustino, 74/b - 25122 Brescia

Last updated on: 07/09/2023