Admission requirements: qualifications
- Admission to a Corso di laurea (undegraduate degree) or to a Corso di laurea magistrale a ciclo unico (Integrated Master's degree) requires possession of an upper secondary school diploma achieved in Italy, or a final secondary school qualification obtained in a foreign education system and recognised as suitable for accessing the chosen university programme.
The foreign qualification
- must have been achieved after at least 12 years of schooling. Moreover candidates must have attended at least the final two years in the foreign educational system that awarded the school diploma (without prejudice to bilateral agreements currently in force)
- must be comparable at the 4° level EQF
- must have been issued by schools / examination boards that are officially authorized in the education system they belong to
- must allow accessing university studies at the level comparable to the First cycle QF-EHEA / 6° EQF level, within the education system that issued the qualification.
- Candidates must have passed the academic eligibility test if required in the educational system they attended
Specific requirements are provided for holders of High school diploma belonging to U.S.A. educational system and for holders of GCE/IGCE issued by United Kingdom educational system.
When assessing foreign qualifications' suitability, our university considers also possible further requirements approved in the educational system they belong to: final marks, curriculum attended, scores achieved in specific subjects, etc.
Admission to the university is only permitted if the documentation certifying possession of the requirements is valid, as required by current regulations and the specific provisions of the Ministry of University and Research.
Admission requirements: qualification obtained after 11 or 10 years of schooling
In the event that the total number of years of schooling is below 12, before enrolling in Italy, the student must hold alternatively:
- certificate that confirms he/she passed the exams of the first year in any university study programme in case the school system offers 11 years (exams of first and second year are needed if candidate attended 10 years of schooling);
- post-secondary qualification with major akin to the one they aim to study in Italy, issued by any post-secondary institution after one year of study (in case of 11 years of schooling) or two years of study (in case of 10 years of schooling);
- certificate that confirms he/she passed preparatory programme (foundation course), issued by any Italian or foreign higher education institution after one year of attendance (in case of 11 years of schooling) or two years of study (in case of 10 years of schooling).
The suitability of the additional study periods is assessed by the university for the purposes of admission to the chosen university programme. In Italy additional study periods only enable enrolment to the first year, it is not possible to request recognition of the exams taken to shorten the programme.
Admission requirements: academic elibigility exam failed or qualification not suitable for accessing higher education system
Those candidates that in the educational system they attended
- failed to take or pass the academic eligibility exam provided
- hold an upper-secondary scool qualification not suitable for accessing higher education
must submit to our office one of the following certificates:
- certificate confirming enrollment in any higher education programme offered in a country / education system other than the one they attended to achieve their school diploma: the certificate should also list passed exams of the first year (exams of first and second year are needed if candidate attended 11 years of schooling);
- post-secondary qualification with major akin to the one they aim to study in Italy, issued by any post-secondary institution after one year of study (two years of study are needed in case of 11 years of schooling);
- certificate that confirms he/she passed preparatory programme (foundation course), issued by any Italian or foreign higher education institution after one year of attendance (two years of attendance are required in case of 11 years of schooling).
The above listed additional study periods only enable enrolment to the first year, it is not possible to request recognition of the exams taken to shorten the programme.
All Corsi di laurea (undergraduate degrees) and Corsi di laurea magistrale a ciclo unico (Integrated Master's degrees) require an admission test, indicative for some and selective for others.
Participation in the selective test is mandatory: only those candidates that have passed the selective admission test and have been assigned one of the places available are allowed to enroll.
Differently, those candidates that do not sit the indicative admission test or fail to get the minum overall score provided, are allowed to enroll. These students will, however, be assigned Additional Educational Requirements (OFAs), that prevent them to take any exams in their first year study plan until they fullfill the OFAs.
Documents to be submitted upon enrollment
Upon enrollment, candidates must submit the following documents to the International students admission unit:
- The original diploma (or replacement certificate) of upper secondary school and final transcript of records in original foreign language: both documents must be translated in Italian or English if they have been issued in other languages.
- The original diploma (or the replacement certificate) and the final transcript of records must also be legalised (or carry the Apostille stamp) by the authorities of the educational system they belong to
- Declaration of value issued by the official Italian Representation in the country to which educational system the upper secondary school qualification belongs.
Pursuant to the European Convention signed in Bruxelles on 25 May 1987, documents issued by public offices in Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, France, Ireland, Italy and Latvia are exempted from legalization.
Instead of Legalization and Declaration of value our university accepts respectively the Statement of verification and the Statement of comparability issued by CIMEA.
Any other documents in a foreign language (certificate with the university exams passed - transcript of records - and certification of passing the academic eligibility test) must be translated into Italian or English.