The University of Brescia makes the Microsoft Office 365 Education suite available to its students and all staff for the creation, professional editing and sharing of documents. Microsoft Office 365 Education is a cloud-based service that groups the best tools for the current way of working. The combination of advanced Microsoft Office 365 Education app enables everyone to create and share documents wherever they are and with any device. In particular, Office Online includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams and SharePoint. As Microsoft Office 365 Education is a web service, the apps of the suite are always updated to the latest Office edition and/or available version. The Microsoft Office 365 Education licence includes:
- Web versions of Word, PowerPoint, Excel and OneNote;
- Desktop versions of Office in a total of 5 PCs or Mac per user;
- Office apps in a total of 5 tablets and 5 telephones per user;
- Microsoft Teams (evolution of Skype for Business), a digital hub that integrates the conversations, apps and contents necessary to improve co-operation.
- OneDrive, for the creation and storage of documents on a cloud in your own Microsoft Office 365 Education account. The synchronisation of documents saved on different devices is also permitted via OneDrive using the appropriate client.
Every Microsoft Office 365 Education user in the @unibs.it domain has 5 TB of storage space.
From 6 May 2019, the service can be activated autonomously by users interested as shown on the Office 365 activation page.
NB: Use of browsers updated to the latest available version is recommended.