Students who are enrolled in First Cycle Degree courses, Second Cycle degrees and Single Cycle degrees can obtain exemption or reductions in payment of university fees (second and third instalments) due to merit, income, disabilities or other specific requisites.
First instalment of 156 Euro: the exemption does not apply to the regional tax for the entitlement to study of 140 Euro, and the duty stamp of 16 Euro, which must be paid in any case.
Only students who have handicaps with an invalidity of 66% or more and/or recognised handicap (Law 104/92) are required to pay just the 16 Euro duty stamp.
Exemptions can be total or partial, and are granted by request of the student, or outright, without any formal request being made.
EXEMPTIONS/REDUCTION FOR INVALIDITY/DISABILITIES
Students with an invalidity percentage between 50% and 65%, as per art. 8 par. 7 of Prime Ministerial Decree dated 9 April 2001, benefit from a reduction of the all-inclusive contribution of € 300,00.
Students with a higher invalidity percentage, or recognised handicap holders as per art. 3, par. 1 of Law 104/92, are only required to pay the stamp duty of € 16 and are exempted from paying the regional tax, as well as being exempted from the all-inclusive contribution (second and third instalment).
For more information:
Pay only the stamp duty (€16)
- If you are a student with a handicap recognised as per Law 104/92 or you are a student with disability ≥ 66%;
- If you are a student with specific learning disabilities with invalidity ≥ 66%.
You are only required to pay the regional tax for the entitlement to study (€140) and stamp duty (€16)
- If you have an ISEE (equivalent financial economic index) less or equal to € 22,000 and are enrolled in the first year, or a lower number of years than the normal duration of the course plus one, and, in the event of enrolment in the second year of university, you have earned at least 10 CFU credits between 11 August 2020 and 10 August 2021 or, in the case of enrolment in years after the second year of University, at least 25 CFU credits between 11 August 2020 and 10 August 2021;
- If you are enrolling for the first time in a First Cycle degree course or Single Cycle degree and you completed your school-leaving diploma with a score of 100/100 or 100 cum laude; you cannot benefit from exemption if you are a transferred student, are repeating a year, or already hold a Degree;
- If you are eligible and already receive the regional scholarship (as per Legislative Decree no. 68 dated 29/03/2012, art. 9, paragraph 2);
- If you are the child of those in receipt of an inability pension, with an ISEE of no more than € 4,000;
- If you are a foreign student from Developing Countries (as set out in Ministerial Decree 03/05/2018) with a visa/study permit and your family resides in the same country, without income or assets held in Italy;
- If you are the beneficiary of international protection status;
- If you are a foreign student who receives an annual scholarship from the Italian Government, or scholarships from international organisations recognised by the University, or international scholarships set up by the University within the framework of development cooperation programmes and intergovernmental cultural and scientific agreements, international cooperation projects managed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or other Ministries;
- If you are a student serving a prison sentence with a definitive sentence, in penitentiary institutes with which the University holds a special agreement.
- If you are a student involved in educational activities abroad as part of international agreements (non-Erasmus including Dual Qualification activities). If said international agreements require you to pay charges, you are exempted from paying the second and third instalment in proportion with the period of time you spend abroad;
- If you are a student involved in projects for which a convention or agreement which involves payment exemption has been stipulated;
- If you are student who is an employee, or the child of employees, of metalworking and mechanical engineering companies, and have received scholarships funded by EBM (maximum 60 students), based on the agreement stipulated by the Academic Senate, you will be exempted from paying the second and third instalment for each of the three years of the scholarship, notwithstanding the fact that the results required to renew the scholarship must be achieved.
REDUCTIONS FOR SIBLINGS
The reduction for siblings is a reduction of university fees for students that have a brother or sister who is already enrolled in Università degli studi di Brescia (with a lower enrolment number).
In order to be entitled to a reduction for siblings, the brother or sister (with a higher enrolment number), must:
- Be enrolled or registered at Università degli Studi di Brescia for the 2021/2022 academic year and have been enrolled for a number of years which is less than or equal to the normal duration of the course, plus one;
- belong to the same family nucleus identified in ISEE certification for reduced education rates, released for the purposes of calculating University fees;
- Have an ISEE status of an amount less than or equal to 100,000.00 Euro.
The reductions are as follows:
- 45% of the all-inclusive amount payable by students with ISEE status, for reduced education rates for university entitlement, lower than €30,000.00;
- 25% of the all-inclusive amount payable by students with ISEE status, for reduced education rates for university entitlement, lower than €30,000.00;
- 20% of the all-inclusive amount payable by students with ISEE status, for reduced education rates for university entitlement, of between €50,000.00 and € 100,000.00;
- no reduction is provided for students with ISEE status for reduced education rates for university entitlement higher than € 100,000.00 or students that do not present ISEE certification.
The application for reduced rates for siblings can be accepted no later than 31 March 2022.
REDUCTIONS FOR STUDENTS ENGAGED IN EDUCATIONAL ACTIVITIES ABROAD
Students involved in educational activities abroad as part of Erasmus PLUS study programmes, Traineeships or who are doing a thesis abroad, and who acquire more than 12 CFU credits per semester, are entitled to reduced fees, or reimbursement of €30 for each credit acquired over the twelfth CFU for each semester.
The reduction applies up to a maximum of 18 CFU credits per semester (or 36 CFUs a year).
Students involved in educational activities abroad as part of international agreements held by the University (non-Erasmus, including Dual Qualification activities) and for which students must pay fees, are exempted from paying the university fees (second and third instalments) in proportion with the period of time spent abroad because they have not availed of teaching delivered in their home university. The above is notwithstanding any alternative provisions set out in international cooperation agreements in force
REDUCTION DUE TO BIRTH OF CHILD
For the period from 01 August 2021 – 31 July 2022, female students are entitled to a 50% reduction of their student fees owed for the academic year in question if they give birth to a child (this excludes the regional tax for study entitlement and stamp duty).
To be entitled to the reduction, the request must be submitted with the birth certificate of the son/daughter, to: [email protected]
REDUCTIONS FOR STUDENTS ABOUT TO GRADUATE
In their capacity as graduates of the new academic year, enrolled Students who obtain their qualification by 30 April, in acquiring credits or attending lessons in the first educational period of the new academic year, must pay the full amount of the regional tax for study entitlement and half the university fees required according to financial status.
The reduction does not apply to students who obtain their qualification before 30 April if they interrupted their studies during the previous academic year, even if the student only needs to complete the final exam.
REDUCTIONS FOR GRADUATES OF FIRST CYCLE DEGREE COURSES WITH MARKS OF AT LEAST 100/110 WHO ENROL IN A SECOND CYCLE DEGREE COURSE
Graduates of the systems stipulated in Ministerial Decree 509/99 (as amended) who enrol in a Second Cycle degree courses are eligible for a partial exemption in the annual fee totalling €200.00 if the student graduated from Università degli Studi di Brescia with a grade of at least 100 out of 110, and if the student completed the course within the ordinary timeframe, without validating educational activities from previous academic careers or enrolments.
U.O.C. Immatricolazioni certificazioni e tasse
Via S. Faustino 74/B